Guide Help Please- everything says PLEASE WAIT...
sabbay

For two days now, my guide has been completely blank except for 'please wait' on every single line. i also cannot dvr anything. it is driving me nuts. does anyone know how to fix this?

thanks for reading...

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Guide Help Please- everything says PLEASE WAIT...
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

sabbay,

Is your router turned off? If it is not unplug and replug the router and then do the same thing to your boxes.  Give it about 5 minutes and the guide should be loaded.  If the green internet light is not blinking on the router make sure the coax to the router is plugged and tight. Please let us know if you are still having a problem.

Thanks,

Tonya D.                                                           

pzulw
Enthusiast - Level 3

Me too.   This is expensive.

(Router is fine.  I'm using it right now.)

0 Likes
Rodney001

Solution to Verizon Quantum FIOS TV Guide “Please Wait” Issue:

== Read entire sequence below before attempting ==

1. Physically Unplug power cable to Router and ALL cable boxes and leave unplugged for at least 5-10 minutes. (lets capacitors discharge)
  2. Physically disconnect all CAT-5 cables from the back of Router. The only lines that should be plugged in the Router now is the coax cable.
  3. Plug in power to Router ONLY! Let it boot up for 5 minutes until the Network light on the front blinks green.  (do not plug in cat-5 yet)
  4. Now, IN ORDER -- ORDER IS IMPORTANT HERE!  Plug power in on MASTER cable box only.    Press “Menu” button on remote and wait for it to go through the connection sequence.  STOP HERE.  Wait for TV signal to appear on home screen.  Your TV guide info should work here.  If it does not then skip to the Troubleshooting step below.
  5. Repeat step 4 for all SATELLITE cable boxes. Wait until TV & Guide appears before proceeding to the next cable box.  Leave cable boxes & TV ON after completion and move to the next.
  6. Repeat step 4 for all secondary MASTER cable boxes.
  7. All TVs and boxes should now have cable & guide.
  8. Plug in all CAT-5 network cables into Router.

Troubleshooting

If, in step 4, your MASTER cable box does not establish a video signal / guide info then do the following:

1. Check your cable connections
  2. Unplug power from MASTER box
  3. Use paperclip to reset router to it’s shipping settings by finding the small hole on the back of the router, inserting the paperclip point, and depressing button for 30 seconds. (WARNING – This will wipe out all settings & Wi-Fi info and reset the router to factory default).
  4. Once reset proceed to step #1.

Note – Order is EXTREMELY important!!  By leaving just 1 CAT-5 network cable in the back of the router during this process it will FAIL.  By leaving just 1 other cable box powered up during this process it will FAIL.  I've found the communication between the cable boxes and the Actiontec router to be extremely delicate and prone to interruption.

Good Luck!

Rodney

PS>  Has anyone found out why the Verizon Actiontec router keeps resetting IP connections and seems to have such a hard time responding to DHCP request for IP addresses?  NAT table overflow?

I’ve had some success configuring the router to extend IP leases from 24 hours to 1 week but still have a “resistance” by the router to issuing out new IP address.  Have to try multiple hardware device resets (of the computer, etc) before it finally gets an IP address.  Any thoughts?

0 Likes