Guide & DVR questions from a newbie
Kent
Enthusiast - Level 3
1. Is it possible (with my HD/DVR box) to create a recording event for a program that doesn't show up in the guide because it won't air within the next two weeks -- like, say, a program that's on hiatus until next fall or a movie that may or may not be aired but which I'd like the DVR to be on the lookout for? (This was possible with my Dish DVR.) 2. Is there a setting I've missed that allows for a different configuration of the guide so I can see more programs without scrolling? It's frustrating to be limited to only 8 channels (partly because one in the middle is always highlighted and enlarged) and only 90 minutes at a time. Thanks!
0 Likes
Re: Guide & DVR questions from a newbie
Rebalol
Contributor - Level 1

In short, NO and NO.  Unfortunately, FIOS equipment and set up is way far behind in technology.  If you choose to not use FIOS equipment, you can buy a different DVR (TIVO or MOXI) and then have all those features you want and more!

Do a search and you will find complaints/comments/issues with these same things over and over and over and over and over.  However, if FIOS cares, I haven't heard.  I keep hearing about this new wonderful DVR that is coming out 1Q 2010...but if's almost Feb and still no word...and do you think the old current customers will get the new equipment.  Uh, I don't think so.

I've been a FIOS subscriber for 6 months and IMO it's been about 5 1/2 months too long.  I resent the fact that I have to pay more $$ out of my pocket to get decent recording equipment and a good guide.

0 Likes
Kent
Enthusiast - Level 3
Disappointing for a new FiOS customer to hear -- particularly the inability to arrange recording of future events.
0 Likes
Rebalol
Contributor - Level 1

Yep, what you are looking for is wishlist and automatically record.  I'm very familiar with it.  It's a TIVO feature that seems to be available with every other provider EXCEPT FIOS!!!

You do have a trial period (I"m not sure how long) that you can cancel without penalties. 

0 Likes