HD DVR malfunctioning after getting new plan provisioned
HippyFish
Enthusiast - Level 1

Trying to troubleshoot an issue with my HD DVR that happened yesterday after I got some upgrades from Verizon.

I upgraded my bundle to the Ultimate HD and the line speed to 35/35. This was in the afternoon. That evening when we tried to watch our HD DVR it would not send out a signal to the TV. It had always worked fine before (connected via HDMI).

I rebooted the Modem and then power cycled the DVR. It came back up to displaying the time, but still nothing happening on the TV. So, I checked from other TVs to see if I could access the DVR recorded programs (this is a multi-room DVR and always worked flawlessly). The other STBs reported back that the DVR was not accessible. Checked from FIOS TV Central and Remote DVR and got a "DVR not responding" message. 

I checked to see if they upgrade had been provisioned and it had. I now could access EPIX, etc. Line speed tests were also showing the new 35 up/down - or thereabouts anyway.

The only thing that has changed was the upgrade. Not sure if provisioning new services requires anything be done on the STB itself, but wondering if having tech support reinitialize the box would help. Or are they just going to try to send me a new box? I'd hate to lose the content we have recorded on it.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: HD DVR malfunctioning after getting new plan provisioned
VZ_Kim
Contributor - Level 2

Hi HippyFish

Sorry you're having dvr troubles. Changing plans doesn't affect whether the stb is accesible or not. It's a process that only makes changes in our system to activate whatever feature you order.

If you're getting "no signal" on your screen, it usually means either your tv is not on the correct input (usually hdmi1 or 2), a signal cable has come aloose or the stb is not actually powered on (power lite should be on the front display).  You can try verifying your input, reseating all cabling, then power cycle the box once more.

0 Likes
stevefeder

Call FIOS.  I had trouble after the same upgrade.  They admitted that it is a new upgrade and the need to program the codes properly for it to work.  It is at the Verizon end.

0 Likes
jolfa1

I had the same exact problem after going to ultimate HD last week. The problem went away after a day. I had to call Verizon twice during the weekend. On Monday it was OK.

0 Likes