HD DVR's Freezes during Playback
Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

I have 2 HD DVR boxes.  Lately each box seems to "freeze" during playback of the various programs I have recorded.  I am not able to fast forward or rewind the program.  If I stop the playback and try to view the program from the beginning, the video again freezes at the same point.  It is almost like there is a corrupt file for that area of the program.  Is there any way to remedy this situation?  It seems to be happening more and more on both set top boxes.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: HD DVR's Freezes during Playback
dgoodmn1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem on a QIP6416 HD DVR. In the past 2 weeks 3 different recorded programs have frozen during playback  and cannot skip or fast forward beyond the frozen point. I can delete the frozen program, but problem has re-occurred several times in the last 3 weeks while other recordings are OK. It does feel like a corrupt file, or bad disk blocks on the DVR, or messed up file structure system that a chkdsk in a Windows environment would fix. Is there are any solution to resolve this problem?

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Formatting the drive through the diagnostics menu. Start over. You will lose everything, and if the drive is going this may finish it.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Home-Media-DVR-Dead/m-p/239200#M22331

0 Likes
bmart2

This has happened to me twice lately. during hockey games. Luckily, I was watching about a half hour behind live, and the game was still on (in third period)  when the recording froze ( midway through the second). It is the mtoroloa multiroom dvr.

0 Likes