HD Quality in in new installation
rdav1

I have had FIOS residential service twice before and was always very happy with equipment and service, especially HD programming.  We have recently had FIOS installed in our condo high rise under a group account.  My installation is now complete.  I must admit that I am extremely disappointed in the HD picture quality, especially compared to what I remember to be the excellent definition and quality in the previous residential instllations. Too often the picture lacks sharpness, and is just 'dull'.   I used to feel that FIOS HD had it over Comcast, hands down, but now I am not sure that Comcast is better.  I am not sure the lower quality is over all channels, and streaming with a Roku looks great.  The latter is an internet service of course.  I am not sure what can be done about this, we at this large complex just may have to live with it..

0 Likes
Re: HD Quality in in new installation
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Check the video settings in the set top box and make sure they are set correctly. You can also adjust the sharpness there.

0 Likes
Re: HD Quality in in new installation
Pr3dict

Your right btw... I've had fios since 2007 If I remember correctly... The quality is TERRIBLE now. You can totally see the compression artificats in the video. Scenes with dark, black scenes aren't even black..

Even the menus are slower to load and are not snappy anymore. I think it has to do with these new streaming based hardware that is provided now. It's so sad =/

0 Likes