HD STB RF Out?
carl19491
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is the HD STB Mota 7132-P2 RF Out an un-encrypted output on Ch 3 or 4?  It seems to me that in the SD case it has to be un-encrypted as one alternative on the wiring diagram is to use that output to connect to the RF in of a TV.

carl

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HD STB RF Out?
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

The RF output is NTSC (old broadcast standard) on channel 3 or 4 and is not encrypted.  It is an SD output but will output the HD channels as well in reduced resolution.

View solution in original post

Re: HD STB RF Out?
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

The RF output is NTSC (old broadcast standard) on channel 3 or 4 and is not encrypted.  It is an SD output but will output the HD channels as well in reduced resolution.

Re: HD STB RF Out? ...new problem
carl19491
Enthusiast - Level 2

This answered my question but it was unfortunately not what I wanted to hear. If the RF output was un-encryted HD, I could use a TV tuner card to interface to my computer monitor through my graphics card.  

I just replaced an old monitor (I use my computer monitor for TV as well to save the space) The new monitor has a Full HD HDMI (1080p but it seems not 1080i) input so it only works with the 720p HDMI output of my STB, which is not aceptable to me, so I need a way to get my STB HD output (1080i) to my monitor.

I can think of 2 solutions:

1) Get a cable card receiver which interfaces to my computer video card and supplies the converted 1080p or DVI signal to the monitor at its best resolution. This would also save me $2 a month on STB rental versus cable card rental.

2) Return the HP 25xi monitor and buy a monitor that has a DVI input for the computer and a 1080i input for the STB. The solution is problematic though as HP tech and sales support don't know which FullHD monitors if any have 1080i capability.

Does anyone here know which FullHD monitors if any have 1080i capability (to interface with STB)? ,,,and any other comments on my proposed soltuioins are welcome.

0 Likes