HD does not work with my VOD
netpam1

I saw this same issue written by someone in 2009!

I have an HDTV, and HD set top box, can watch HD channels perfectly fine. I USED TO be able to watch VOD in HD, but for some reason, the past month all free channels offered in HD on VOD are garbled. Did that option get taken away?

I "tried" tech support, and I got the usual reset the box routine, which has already been done several times. Is that the only way to fix a problem???

Any ideas? I haven't changed a thing with my hardware setup, yet the HD VOD has been corrupted. Bummed that I can only watch live shows in HD, but no movies or VOD. This sucks.

This person below had the same problem and I don't see a resolution:

OK maybe somebody here can help me since the verizon techs Ive dealt with cant seem to figure it out. My VOD is completely screwed up as far as HD goes. My regular tv HD channels are fine however when I try and watch any HD on demand whether it be any movie or any program at all for that matter that in HD the whole tv pixelates green/multicolored I have no sound and then the box locks up.
0 Likes
Re: HD does not work with my VOD
netpam1

I found another person who had the same problem in this forum. Again, no solution. I wonder if they are still a customer, or if they bailed.

Luckily, I dont' have a problem with SD, but my HD is the same garbled mess that this person is describing.

VOD has lines going through it, especially HD[ New ]

For the last two weeks, most HD video on demand (this is free tv) usually has bad lines and occasionally bad sound. Almost seems like "snow." It also occurs with SD vod as well. It worked fine forever, and this has only happened in the last few weeks. I have fairly new STB (few months old, not one of the new ones). It's definitely not the encoding of the content, because occasionaly I will begin watching a show and it will be fine. Then if I stop it or it times out on pause, and I go back, the content suddenly has this problem.

Is it just my stb or have other seen this recently?

thanks.

0 Likes