HDMI AUDIO Drop out
rstyskal1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just switched to Verizon FIOS and found I have HD an Audio problem when using the HDMI cable and my HD set top box.  I had audio on all the HD channels but when I switched to a non HD channel and then back to an HD channel I would have  no audio.   I  called  the TV manufacture (VIZIO) for help and after trying their suggestions they told me it was a problem with the STB and contact Verizon.   I then called Verizon and they reset and reprogrammed the STB and no improvement.  Verizon is sending me another STD and expect to receive it today.   Lastly the component cable works fine in all cases, but they are large and difficult to hide.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HDMI AUDIO Drop out
Hubrisnxs
Legend

you may have the newer STB    7100 p2  which is all black

the way I had to do it on that one, was I had to use a combo of the front display and the remote control.

That box was harder to get to, but I got it by hitting power with one hand on the front display of the box, and then the OK button and then the MENU button on the remote.

So it was power off front display, and then OK then MENU using the remote control.  that seemed to get there for me.  don't get discouraged if it doesn't work the first time,   the timing is peculiar and it sometimes takes me a few times to get the timing. 

report back to homebase 

View solution in original post

TVCat

what model is your TV?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

a user on here named lasagna posted a good fix for that problem a while back. 

you have to access the user settings menu of the box (different than the standard fios menu)

you will use your front display of the box instead of the remote.

Press power select menu  (1/2 second interval, so power and then select and then menu)  

The user settings menu will pop up and you have to go to advanced hdmi options. (may say additional hdmi options) 

Once you select that option, you will have an audio section.  go in there and change it from auto to either pass through, or L-PCM.

back out of the menu and watch tv.   it's been reported as a good fix for a lot of users, so give it a try and let us know if it fixes it. 

rstyskal1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will give Verizon an "A"  for effort and customer care.  I am on my 3rd STB, but I still have the audio drop out issue.  It appears to be an issue with the Motorola design so (unfortunately)  I will be using the component cables and not the HDMI cable.  I wonder if Motorola is aware of this problem.

0 Likes
rstyskal1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The TV is a Vizio SV420M.

0 Likes
rstyskal1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, but I wasn't successful. My STB model is a QIP7100 and on the box I just have a power button, an OK button and select arrows. I couldn't seem to get  to the advanced menu.  Do you know if the fix was for a different model STB? 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

the way I had to do it on that one, was I had to use a combo of the front display and the remote control.

That box was harder to get to, but I got it by hitting power with one hand on the front display of the box, and then the OK button and then the MENU button on the remote.

So it was power off front display, and then OK then MENU using the remote control.  that seemed to get there for me.  don't get discouraged if it doesn't work the first time,   the timing is peculiar and it sometimes takes me a few times to get the timing. 

report back to homebase 

rstyskal1
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

report back to homebase 

It WORKED!!!!!   Thank you!!!

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Cool deal. Glad to hear it and I'm sure lasagna will be happy too. 🙂
0 Likes
JoeInRI
I am having this same problem, I have also tried on numerous occasions to try and access the user setting menu by turning off the stb then ok then menu but all I can get it to do is turn the stb back on....what am I doing wrong....this is annoying and never had this problem with my Cox HD box.....!
0 Likes