HDMI Confusion
gonoles1941
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I am using the Bose Cinemate 130 and Verizon Fios setup box. There is only 1 HDMI port in the Fios box. So, I have it hooked up as follows. ARC HDMI from TV to TV input on Bose system. On my tv is also a horizontal set of HDMI ports of which I have a cable running from the top one of those to the Fios box. Then I have a digital optical cable connecting the Fios box to the Bose system. (The Bose has a clearly marked HDMI port for Cable/Satellite input but the Fios box only has one HDMI port which is being used as I described above).
The TV sound works fine when watching the channels. But when I want to use the Smart TV functions, Netflix for example, I get the video but no audio. (I actually get the tv audio from whatever the channel I was watching at the time I turned to Netflix. That doesnt go away unless I shut off the Fios box.) But whether I shut the Fios box off or not, I do not get sound for Netflix. I thought it was an input issue, but when I hit the "input" button on the Sony TV remote while in Netflix, it tells me that the request is not available.
Please please help me if anyone has experienced this.  I cant be the only one with this setup.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HDMI Confusion
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to change the audio input on your Bose from the digital audio input  to the HDMI(ARC) input when using SmartTV functions.

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

Re: HDMI Confusion
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to change the audio input on your Bose from the digital audio input  to the HDMI(ARC) input when using SmartTV functions.

Good Luck.