Dreamscape1

I have Verizon internet and just subscribed to Verizon Fios.  I received the box and the cable today to set up.  I thought that I only needed to connect the box to my cable tv cable, and to the tv with an HDMI cable.  But alas, again, I'm in tech hell. The instructions require me to connect numerous cables (supplied) for audio.  The instructions for video include an option to use an HDMI instead of several other cables, but the HDMI isn't supplied with the box.  Guess I should have asked for an installer, but hanging out waiting for the cable guy is not an option.

Any thoughts on fixing this?

0 Likes
Re: HDMI
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Dreamscape wrote:

I have Verizon internet and just subscribed to Verizon Fios.  I received the box and the cable today to set up.  I thought that I only needed to connect the box to my cable tv cable, and to the tv with an HDMI cable.  But alas, again, I'm in tech hell. The instructions require me to connect numerous cables (supplied) for audio.  The instructions for video include an option to use an HDMI instead of several other cables, but the HDMI isn't supplied with the box.  Guess I should have asked for an installer, but hanging out waiting for the cable guy is not an option.

Any thoughts on fixing this?

Go by an inexpensive HDMI cable.  Monoprice.com is an excellent source.

0 Likes