Happy, Happy New FiOS TV, 7232(s) and 1.9 info
mphare
Contributor - Level 2

First, Thank you everyone that has answered questions for me these past few weeks as I decided to drop DirecTV and go to FiOS triple play. It really helped me prepare for the installation. I already had FiOS phone and internet, I just added TV.

The installer came out this evening (about 5:30) and it took him about 30 minutes to get everything working. I was able to get all the attic crawls done ahead of time, removed the multi-switch and installed 1.5GHz splitters. Rung out the dual cables going to all the rooms to find the right cable to use. Coax for the ActionTec in place. Ready to go. He was very happy that he would get to go home early this evening.

What I got: 3 x 7232 DVRs (woo hoo!)

What I was told by the installer: That a new guide would be available in the next couple of days. According to him, IMG 1.9 will be rolled out in my area (Plano, TX) (I'm what, VHO 1??) this week or next. (woo hoo!). I didn't ask him, he offered the information once the DVRs activated and we could see the screens. He said the current guide stinks and the new one will be much better and I should have it in the next couple of days (I won't hold my breath or anything.. I've been through SW roll-outs with DirecTV.. been there, done that)

Now, off to figure out how it all works!

Re: Happy, Happy New FiOS TV, 7232(s) and 1.9 info
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Good to hear the install went smoothly. Sounds like you made the techs day. Smiley Very Happy

As for the 1.9. I think the tech is working off old info. 1.9 was supposed to start rolling out about 3 weeks ago which would likely be the into he was thinking of. But they havent worked all the bugs out of the system yet and the rollout has been postponed. Last I heard they were hoping to get it out sometime in May, but that was just a tentitive date depending on if they get it all working or not. We'll just have to wait and see.