Help with new Arris VMS 1100 please.
treynmindy
Enthusiast - Level 1
I have two Arris VMS 1100 in the studio apartment where my wife and I live, to keep the peace. The problem I am encountering is that both boxes and remotes operate on the same frequency, so often when you are watching one and do something, you mess up the other person. Is there any way to have to remotes operate on different frequencies so they won't affect the other box?? If not (and I don't think there is), can anyone tell me where exactly the remote sensor on the box is so they can be temporarily covered so that they won't receive the signals intended for the other box? Help please!
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help with new Arris VMS 1100 please.
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Hi there,  There aren't any good ways to seperate the signals out, BUT what I think might work for you, is the use of the FiOS Mobile Remote App. 

Download it to your IPAD/IPHONE/DROID device, and it will communiate with the cable boxes via WIFI and IP Address.  that eliminates your problem.

Go to the appopriate store and teh app is called My FiOS Mobile

can anyone tell me where exactly the remote sensor on the box is

To find the "eye" you just flash a light in the front of the display, and you'll see it right away. 

View solution in original post

Hubrisnxs
Legend

Hi there,  There aren't any good ways to seperate the signals out, BUT what I think might work for you, is the use of the FiOS Mobile Remote App. 

Download it to your IPAD/IPHONE/DROID device, and it will communiate with the cable boxes via WIFI and IP Address.  that eliminates your problem.

Go to the appopriate store and teh app is called My FiOS Mobile

can anyone tell me where exactly the remote sensor on the box is

To find the "eye" you just flash a light in the front of the display, and you'll see it right away. 

treynmindy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, you helped a lot.  We both had the fios app for our phones already from when we had one box, never really used the remote function.  But all I had to do was switch my phone to the new box, and they both work on different "frequencies."  Also go IR extenders, and they worked to some extent by turning off the front IR sensor, but your answer is much easier.

Again, thanks a lot.

0 Likes