High Def DVR crashes when using fast-forward/reverse
payingtheprice

Is anyone having a problem with their HD DVR crashing then rebooting when using the fast-forward or reverse buttons on the remote?  Also, where can I reach an actual person to help me with this?

0 Likes
Re: High Def DVR crashes when using fast-forward/reverse
dkw197
Contributor - Level 1

I have this same problem very frequently, only mine just freezes up and doesn't reboot. We'll be watching an HD show--either one that we taped on the DVR or just a live HD show that we've gotten behind in watching and when we try to FF it will just freeze up. Nothing works to fix it except to exit out of everything. If we're watching something live, we totally lose everything and the show goes live. It happens all the time and we have no idea why. Very frustrating. I'd love to know if Verizon plans to address this.

0 Likes
boater59

I have found has been doing the same thing. Go into 4x fast forward, hit play and it freezes. No amount of waiting etc helps. I cannot even exit out, I have to shut off the STB and restart. I'm also experiencing a screen freeze when in the menu and trying to select another channel. It takes sometimes 30-60 seconds sometimes for the next channel to come up.

0 Likes
payingtheprice

Thanks for the replys, I was hoping Verizon Tech would chime in.  Tried resetting the DVR via the web and I actually thought it worked, but same old problem last night.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

there are two fixes inside the stb that might work

one is a dvr fix

menu>customer support>in home agent>dvr fix    (or something like that)

and the other is a more general auto fix (more comprehensive than what you did at the website)

(menu>customer support>in home agent>stb auto correct)

0 Likes
payingtheprice

Hi and thanks for the reply.  I got into a chat session with tech support and "Oscar" was able to correct my problem (so far) with a "Renew init." command.  I asked if this was something that could be accomplished through the "Agent" s/w app he wanted me to download and the answer was no, only he could issue that command.

So there you have it, it's been 4 days so far.

0 Likes
jack121

A tech corrected mine also. He removed my acct.. and reinstalled me as a new user. All was fine for a couple weeks and now it's back.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes