Hooking up netflix streamin
silkburke12

Can you hook up a netflix box or third party box to the Fios system?  And if so, what would it require?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Hooking up netflix streamin
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you're talking about an internet based service (like Netflix), then yes you can connect them.   The device needs to either be wireless (not recommended for streaming content if your just using the stock FiOS router since it's not got the ability to do dual-band wireless N) or you need to connect the box to the FiOS router via a standard ethernet cable.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you're talking about an internet based service (like Netflix), then yes you can connect them.   The device needs to either be wireless (not recommended for streaming content if your just using the stock FiOS router since it's not got the ability to do dual-band wireless N) or you need to connect the box to the FiOS router via a standard ethernet cable.

0 Likes
silkburke12

Thanks for the information.  Wireless is probably my best option but If it's not recommended, I wouldn't want to go that way.  Unfortunately, a wired configuration is not really condusive to the area that I am in.

0 Likes
ginger121

How do I access or activate netflix streaming, I believe the wires are already hooked up at the back of my TV by the technician.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Fios doesn't directly support Netlfix. You can use Fios Internet.

But you habve to have a device (smart tv, dvd player, roku, etc) that supports Netflix.

0 Likes