Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
wishbone
0 Kudos

Hooking up new lcd hdtv

I have FIOS- have black box hooked up to (20 yr old) TV. works fine. I am awaiting delivery of lcd hdtv. Do i need to chnage anything to hook up the new tv properly?
Employee
CharlesH
0 Kudos

Re: Hooking up new lcd hdtv

Are you planning on using the same cable box with the new LCD/HD TV? If you are, (but wouldn't really recommend it), you should be able to use the same cabling.  What I do recommend is getting a HD cable box or HD DVR cable box and using that!  If you want to get the best picture from your HD TV, get a HD box, it will include a HDMI cable in the self-install packaging.

Silver Contributor IV
TimSykes
Device: Google G1
Plan: 20/5
0 Kudos

The box you currently have the black on is a SD box. The picture is only at 480i/p. It will give you poor video on your new HDTV. If you get a new HD box You will get a picture of 1080i On the HD channels. You SD picture will look the same. But I personally almost never watch SD channels anymore. Comedy Central is the only non HD I watch. But to get the most out of your new TV its time to upgrade. :smileywink:
Silver Contributor V
Techman28
0 Kudos

also if you need help hooking up additional equipment this is an EXCELLENT site connection guide

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411