Horrendous Service
apn1230

My wife and I are not winning nobel prizes, but we are also not complete **bleep**. Verizon basically attempted to make us out for **bleep**, however.

We switched from TWC to Fios due to lower costs, although we never had customer service issues with the former. Our Fios cable stopped working last Saturday. After inital trouble shooting failed, I finally got in touch w/ customer service who said it was our cable box. Despite changing our box the cable was still out. I changed multiple coaxial cables, switched our coaxial splitter and went through a number of other maneuvers without success. My wife, who is on maternity leave, called service again who flippantly told her it was a problem with the splitter. He told her there was no need for someone to come to our apartment to inspect the cable despite my wife's request. This person instead instructed her to buy a new splitter (despite the fact we had gone through two), and they told her to try an HDMI cable. We still were unable to obtain a cable connection. After a third phone call, we finally had a competent rep who thought a service tech should come to our apartment.

Low and behold, when the tech came he realized it was a problem with the cable outside our apartment, and it was only affecting our apartment. We wasted a signficant amount of time, and my wife was given errant instructions by someone who obviously didn't care to help (and possibly wanted to create more problems).

This is ridiculous service on the part of Fios. I now see why people pay extra for Time-Warner.

0 Likes