How do you to get STB 1080i on a FullHD monitor without 1080i capability?
carl19491
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just replaced an old monitor (I use my computer monitor for TV as well to save the space) The new monitor has a Full HD HDMI (1080p but it seems not 1080i) input so it only works with the 720p HDMI output of my STB, which is not aceptable to me, so I need a way to get my STB HD output (1080i) to my monitor.

I can think of 2 solutions:

1) Get a cable card receiver which interfaces to my computer video card and supplies the converted 1080p or DVI signal to the monitor at its best resolution. This would also save me $2 a month on STB rental versus cable card rental.

2) Return the HP 25xi monitor and buy a monitor that has a DVI input for the computer and a 1080i input for the STB. The solution is problematic though as HP tech and sales support don't know which FullHD monitors if any have 1080i capability.

Does anyone here know which FullHD monitors if any have 1080i capability (to interface with STB)? ,,,and any other comments on my proposed soltuioins are welcome.

0 Likes
Re: How do you to get STB 1080i on a FullHD monitor without 1080i capability?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

TV MONITOR or SImply MONITOR.  Might help if you mentioned make and model.

You may have more problems if it just a monitor as HDCP is needed for many programs.  And even for monitors 1080p but not 1080i is rare.

Note that the VMS1100 and IPC110 will output 1080P

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I found your specs.  It is a poor choice for use without a computer.  As you have found it doesn't support 1080i.  You could update to quantum TV but that is a monthly extra cost.  Few cheap devices will solve your problem.

carl19491
Enthusiast - Level 2

Interesting, the Vz service rep said that none of their boxes support 1080p interface (typical).

Monitor is HP 25xi. I wasn't able tp find detailed specs on it with quick search (that mentioned 1080i capability), but I think the fact that the 25xi only supports 50 to 76 Hz vertical refresh rate rules out interlaced operation (1080i). Neither HP tech or sales could tell me whether the monitor was supposed to do 1080i, and they couldn't tell if any of their FullHD  monitors supported 1080i. So is it correct that I need a monitor with 30Hz vertical refresh rate capability to do 1080i?

If I do a Hauppage CableCard Rx with Windows Media Center, I think that it and my graphics card support HDCP

0 Likes