How to order a DVR Upgrade for Verizon FIOS
Wichers

I was having a devil of a time simply getting to the page so you can order your DVR upgrade.

So here is my story on: How to order a DVR Upgrade for Verizon FIOS. I am specifically trying to upgrade to the new DVR: QIP 7232-2.

I was told to call eCenter by two different people from Verison, but they were both WRONG. You need to call the Fios TV people through the normal 800 Verizon #. When I finally got to someone who knew what they were doing the instructions they provide were:

Go to www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral and sign-in.
* Select the 'Settings' dropdown located just above the Search field. (This link frequently flat out didn't work for me.)
* Select 'Set Top Boxes'.
* Select the 'GO' button in the box on the right marked 'Want more from your FiOS DVR'.
* Enter your Name and Preferred email address for notification on when the DVR expansion becomes available.

You will be contacted with specific options and instructions as they become available.

but frequently those links either didn't work or didn't seem to be availiable from wherever I was on their massively confusing site. I finally got to the page, and it is at:

https://www.verizon.com:443/fiostv/web/members/DvrExpansion.aspx

Hope this is helpful to someone.

-Dave

0 Likes
Re: How to order a DVR Upgrade for Verizon FIOS
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks for providing this information!

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes