How to program favorites to only show watchable channels
Rocks911
Enthusiast - Level 3

It really aggrivates me that I have to run through a thousand channels most of which I'm not subscribed to. Is there an easy way to program my DVR I guess through the favorites function to show only channels I get?

I mean really I there are a heck of a lot of channels that I dont want and dont get but get caught every time I click on a channel just to be told I need to subscribe. I only want listed what I can watch, is there an easy way of doing that?

0 Likes
Re: How to program favorites to only show watchable channels
Justin46
Legend

Sure. I am in the process of trying to write up a fairly complete procedure to be posted here, but in the meantime here is the part about setting up your favorites list:

The first step is to create at least one Favorites list, either Favorite 1 or Favorite 2:

Menu ==> Settings ==> Favorite Channels ==> Favorite 1 ==> Add/Remove Channels ==> channel list

Go through the entire list of channels, adding any channels you want by pressing the OK key. There are some keys you can use to make this process easier and faster:

• Use the Up Arrow or Down Arrow to move through the channel list one channel at a time.
  • Use the Channel + and Channel - button to move the channel currently visible at the bottom of the list to the top of the visible list (move forward or backward in the list about 10 channels at a time).
  • Press any number key combination to move forward or backward from your current position in the list. Some examples:

Press the 0 key to get to the top of the channel list

Press 500 to go to the first HD channel in the list

Press 9999 to go to the bottom of the list

Once you are positioned at the channel you want to add to this Favorites list, press OK (if you make a mistake or change your mind, press OK again to remove the channel from the list)

Next, update how the buttons on the remote work.

The Favorites Button option controls what you see when you hit the Favorites button on the remote:

Show Favorite Listings:  When you hit the Favorites button, you see Favorite 1 (or 2), and when you hit the Guide button you see the full list of all channels.

Toggle Flip by Favorites: When you hit the Favorites button you do not see a Favorites list, instead you see a small display in the upper right part of the screen showing what hitting the Guide button will display: one of the Favorites or the full Guide. Repeatedly hitting the Favorites button will rotate through the options: Favorite 1 (if the list exists), Favorite 2 (if the list exists), and All Channels, back to Favorite 1, etc.

The Flip by Favorites option determines which list shows up by default when you press the Favorites button:

All Channels

Favorite 1

Favorite 2

My preference is to set Favorites Button to Toggle Flip by Favorites and Flip by Favorites to Favorite 1; this way, hitting the Guide button causes my Favorites 1 list to appear, and hitting the Favorites button allows me to change which list appears when I hit the Guide button.

The net effect of the above is that by default I see my favorites when I hit the Guide button, but I can easily change that to all channels at any time.

The above is not fully edited or complete yet, but maybe it will help you get your Favorites set the way you want them.

Hope this helps.

Keller, TX

0 Likes