How to see episode number or original date of a recorded show?
mgstauffer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

When I record a show with the DVR and look at it in my list of recorded shows, it only reports the date the recording was made. It doesn't show the episode number or original air date. This makes it very awkward to go through a number of recordings (especially of older shows) and decide which to watch next if I want to watch them in order. Is there a way to enable this info? Otherwise, please consider adding this functionality. The DishTV DVR I just switched from showed this info and it was very very useful. So far, the DishTV DVR has several basic useful features that Fios is lacking - a drag.

Cheers,

Michael

0 Likes
Re: How to see episode number or original date of a recorded show?
Justin46
Legend

@mgstauffer wrote:

Hi,

When I record a show with the DVR and look at it in my list of recorded shows, it only reports the date the recording was made. It doesn't show the episode number or original air date. This makes it very awkward to go through a number of recordings (especially of older shows) and decide which to watch next if I want to watch them in order. Is there a way to enable this info? Otherwise, please consider adding this functionality. The DishTV DVR I just switched from showed this info and it was very very useful. So far, the DishTV DVR has several basic useful features that Fios is lacking - a drag.

Cheers,

Michael

I think I have see the episode number or original date on some programs, but I agree it is not there for many. Verizon is developing/testing a new level of the IMG, 1.9, that hopefully will be avalable late this year or early next year. And supposedly they are working with the Guide data provider to expand the content.  I have no idea whether that kind of additional information will be available with that new software release, but we can at least hope....

What other "basic useful features" are missing? Maybe they are not missing and you have not just found them yet, or maybe there is a different feature that might do something similar. Smiley Happy

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes