Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Copper Contributor
dross333
0 Kudos

How to transmit cable signal to TV wirelessly

HI, 

I am redoing my kitchen and want to avoid having my cable box next to the TV.  If I keep the cable box on the other side of the kitchen, how can I have that cablebox signal get to the TV. 

Thanks

Nickel Contributor
Roadking10453
Device: too many for 20 char
Plan: triple play 25/25
0 Kudos

Re: How to transmit cable signal to TV wirelessly

you need whats called a Wireless Cable TV Transmitter & Receiver.

It basically hooks up to the cable box so you transmit the output to a remote location.

see this link for an example:

http://www.bing.com/shopping/5-8ghz-sr-wireless-trans-rcvr/p/4888E3167482158F341B?q=wireless+cable+t...

one of the problems here though is that you'll still be using the FiOS remote and Set Tob Box (STB) for the TV signal from Verizon. So if the STB is behind you (for example) with the TV across the room, you'll need to point the remote at the STB and NOT the TV in order to change channels, see the menu, etc. The TV controls (vol, mute, etc) will still be via pointing the remote at the TV. It's the STB that controls what you're watching, not the TV. Also these motorolla boxes are infared (not blue tooth) so you need to have line of sight to the box from the remote...

Silver Contributor III
PJL
0 Kudos

Roadking10453 wrote:

you need whats called a Wireless Cable TV Transmitter & Receiver.

It basically hooks up to the cable box so you transmit the output to a remote location.

see this link for an example:

one of the problems here though is that you'll still be using the FiOS remote and Set Tob Box (STB) for the TV signal from Verizon. So if the STB is behind you (for example) with the TV across the room, you'll need to point the remote at the STB and NOT the TV in order to change channels, see the menu, etc. The TV controls (vol, mute, etc) will still be via pointing the remote at the TV. It's the STB that controls what you're watching, not the TV. Also these motorolla boxes are infared (not blue tooth) so you need to have line of sight to the box from the remote...

Be aware that this device will not transmit HD signals.

Nickel Contributor
Roadking10453
Device: too many for 20 char
Plan: triple play 25/25
0 Kudos

OK, ya got me...I didn't check that for that model but there are plenty of them that will xmit/rcv HD too

http://www.nextag.com/wireless-hd-tv-transmitter/products-html

just shop around

GSF
Contributor
GSF
0 Kudos

Will the FIOS STB allow for any wireless transmission that is not direct, but is indirect. For example, a wireless transmission from a separate room?
I'd appreciate any guidance on this.

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411