Re: I thought the NEW DVR's were supposed to be able to record more than 2 shows at 1 time
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

@no-more-holds wrote:

So I just got to hope that out of my families 5 tv's that there are no other clients powered on if I want to record more than 2 shows at a time. How does optimum do it??Their service in general is horrible but they got the right idea with the DVR. I never had a conflict in my recordings. Will this ever change? I do hope that there will be the ability to record more than that. I could deal with it a lot better if the recording options were better. To be able to schedule a series new episodes at a later time or different day (to avoid a conflict) without having to record first run and repeats. If you select 1st run it wont record it because it aired earlier and is no longer 1st run. I feel like I have to baby sit my series manager and scheduled recordings. Cancel and manually ad the conflicts to record independendly from series.

You could add an additional server which would give you 12 tuners and you should not have any problems recording your shows.

0 Likes
Re: I thought the NEW DVR's were supposed to be able to record more than 2 shows at 1 time
no-more-holds

I wonder what they charge for another tuner? My service started as a decent package, but seems to need add ons to make it good. I still feel like there could be more options for the series recordings to allow selecting different times without recording dozens of older episodes. If they had that option It wouldnt matter if i had one server or 12. I used to live in Florida about 4 years ago, I had roadrunner cable service. they had a similar programming interface as verizon. they had options to record series without getting older versions, it was great. could record only 2 at a time but was so smooth with selecting alternate times so you dont get a conflict. This tuner is too much work. I guess if they fixed it to work this way they couldnt charge for an extra tuner, they know it must be annoying.

0 Likes