Hubrisnxs
Legend
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: IMG 1.9 Release Notes available.
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

you have to click on the link and put that request in the comments on the link.

I believe that they have all the Beta testers they are looking for and that the invitation is now closed.  Also, don't know where the poster you were replying to is from but you need to be in the correct geographical area (wish people would put in a location in their profile, it would help in responding to posts).

View solution in original post

jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Now that the carrot is dangling in front of our faces I wonder when we will get to see this on our own STB's for real.

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

Looking forward to 1.9 myself.  This release solves or should solve many of my concerns!

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

After reading that I have a concern already.

• Support for external hard drives (eSATA). Customers will soon be able to connect an external hard drive to certain STB types to store recorded programs after the local DVR is full. This feature will only work with qualified storage devices.

The way this is written it means that the external drive will only work once the internal is full. I personally would prefer to select where I record a show to. Internal or external. I guess I could always just record junk until the internal is full and then just leave it full. But I would much rather have the ability to tell the dvr where to record something.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Record all SD content on the DVR, record all HD content on the external drive.  Simply stated!!!!!

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

Without having 1.9 and an eSATA connected we can only assume what level of control we will have.  I would assume (and you know what happens then) that we won't have any control and as we record, the 1.9 software will store recordings where it wants based on internal hard drive space.

We will all know more when we get it.

0 Likes
zich61
Contributor - Level 1

"A limited number of Verizon customers will have the opportunity to get a Sneak Peek of IMG 1.9 in the very near future.  In order to be eligible for the Sneak Peek, you need to meet the following requirements:

...Be willing to provide us feedback on your experience"

Sneak Peak = Beta Test.  While I'm glad Vz is taking care to make sure 1.9 works, this means that the roll-out is much further off than "soon."  It will take quite a while to establish the Beta Testers, gather their feedback, then update 1.9 accordingly.  

This is terrible news for those hoping to get it by the end of the year.  Vz has moved at a glacial pace on this.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@jumpin68ny wrote:

Now that the carrot is dangling in front of our faces I wonder when we will get to see this on our own STB's for real.

The pole will get longer first.

0 Likes
Lurker
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm just glad they fixed the bug on random recorded programs not playing, only took them about 1 year!

Haven't had a show not play for 2+ months now.

Hopefully they don't screw it up again in the 1.9 update lol

0 Likes
AriBraun

If any of the Verizon techs are checking the forum, I would happily be beta tester for the 1.9 firmware.

I have two HD boxes Mototolla QIP 7100

I also have 1 Motorolla HD DVR QIP 7232 box.

I also have the Home Media DVR setup. I am also using the iPhone apps for the remote control and the remote DVR access. I would be happy to test these against the 1.9 firmware as well.

Please contact me.

0 Likes