In-Home agent is not helpful at all.
darth1949
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently had the need to do a quick fix for my set-top FIOS box, so I fired up the 'In-Home agent' get an issue resolved. When I started the application, it had an outstanding upgrade, so I accepted the opportunity to dl the update. Once completed the appl started and I waited for it to complete its' update task. I chose "Home-TV -->Quick Fixes for TV --> Auto fix my Set Top Boxes", and after about 2 minuets it came back with the following msg: Service is not available temporarily, please try again.  I returned to the prior options and this time I chose . . . "I don't have a picture"Smiley Indifferent This option took twice as long and again came back with the same message as before. I then tried to use the feedback link at the bottom of the window, and all it returned was another blank screen!? Smiley Sad I ended up having to go online to try to resolve this issue.

0 Likes
Re: In-Home agent is not helpful at all.
VZ_Ron
Contributor - Level 2

Hey darth1949, we are sorry but the In Home Agent would not be able to fix all of your TV issues.  We ask customer to try using it before because sometimes it may be able to help you instead of you being hold waiting for rep.  If the In Home Agent can't help then we advise customers to call in. 

0 Likes
Re: In-Home agent is not helpful at all.
honeyspike

I used the in home agent to set up my DVR, after trying on my own for over an hour. I worked with "Columbus" for 1/2 hour and he said to give it an hour for "full activation". After an hour it still didn't work. I then called tech support. After another 1/2 hour, the tech said the box was bad and I had to return it!

0 Likes