Issue with Accessing Home Media DVR via web
Sean1999

I recently had Fios installed (TV, Internet, Phone). Everything seems to be working fine so far. When I try to access my Home Media DVR via the web portal, I get time out messages, and errors saying that the DVR isn't responding. I get similiar errors when I try to access the DVR via the web browser on my phone as well.

Also, when Verizon Central (or whatever the web portal is called) tries to gather the information from my set top boxes, it tells me that it can't get the information from my Home DVR box.

Any issues/fixes on this?? Please help.

Thank you,

Sean

0 Likes
Re: Issue with Accessing Home Media DVR via web
Pauly
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Sean1999 wrote:

I recently had Fios installed (TV, Internet, Phone). Everything seems to be working fine so far. When I try to access my Home Media DVR via the web portal, I get time out messages, and errors saying that the DVR isn't responding. I get similiar errors when I try to access the DVR via the web browser on my phone as well.

Also, when Verizon Central (or whatever the web portal is called) tries to gather the information from my set top boxes, it tells me that it can't get the information from my Home DVR box.

Any issues/fixes on this?? Please help.

Thank you,

Sean

For this it seams like the boxes are able to be seen by verizon.com/fiostvcentral if that's the case you can try powercycling the router, and the cables boxes, and then trying it again. If that doesn't work you will have to call the vz tech support. 888-553-1555.

0 Likes
Cabroncito

I am having the exact same issue. Twice I have gone to Online Chat with Tech Support. The first time they said the STB had to be turned on for you to remotely access it (Isn't it always on, but just displaying the screen saver saying Press 'Menu'?). The second time, they told me that there must be a problem with the physical connection and there wasn't much they could do. Really?

So please can someone out there help us? What's the point of giving us these cool features if you can't even support them?

0 Likes
offline1

Unfortunately, I'm having the same problem (is anyone else using a Mac?).  I have 2 dvrs and tech support did a soft and hard reset on them (which deleted my favorites).  And I still can't record a program over the web.

I'm stting in front of the DVR, watching TV and nothing except the name of the DVR is shown.  And, on the web, I have no favorites.

This is really annoying.  How hard can it be to fix?

0 Likes
hlinnj

I am using a Mac (10.4.11) and also cannot get this to work. The Verizon "help" desk said it has to be a firewall issue and all I could do was to "call the Apple" and have them troubleshoot. So... after turning off the firewall, rebooting my Mac, resetting the box and the router for kicks, still nothing. 

Within the TV Central page, when I click on "Mt Set Top Boxes" i get nothing, even when I try to try to refresh the set top box list.

Also - for those who cannot remotely manage the DVR, anyone use Media Manager - can;t get that to work either.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

See my explanation and how I got this to work consistently on this other thread ....

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/DVR-web-remote-access/td-p/206530

0 Likes
offline1

Looks like the right solution.  I haven't had a chance to reconfigure my router yet, but I'll give it a shot later and confirm (for me.  Your mileage may differ).

Thanks,

Mark

0 Likes