Loss of audio
Prichardia1

While watching live TV on my FIoS DVR, the audio will drop out during commercials. This isn't a problem as such, but then it will drop the audio during sports programming like the system believes it is a commercial. I have gone through the settings and cannot find anything that lets me choose to mute the audio from commercials

can someone help me figure this out? .Software/firmware update needed? 

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Loss of audio
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Using HDMI?

Sounds like an audio negotiation problem as the channel changes audio encoding techniques between differing broadcast items.

Try this ...

With the power to the TV and STB ON.   Press on the front panel in sequence about 1/2 second apart:  Power, Select, Menu  (this must be done on the STB itself).   After a few seconds, a menu should appear on your TV screen.

Now, using the keypad on the STB or the keys on your remote, arrow down to the "Additional HDMI Settings" and press the right arrow key.  Next, arrow down to "Audio Output" and using the right arrow key, change it to "L-PCM", then arrow down and press the right arrow key on "Return to Main Menu".

Now, power off the STB and power it back on again.

Fix the problem?   If not, try again, but this time select "Pass Through" on the audio settings.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes