Loyal customer with Pay Per View Issue
Outlaw_61s

Last night my set top box (without my authorization) apparently ordered the WWE SummerSlam PPV (according to records at 7:30pm EST).  I live in a household with my wife, and daughter who is only 5 months old and isn't mobile, so there is zero chance that this was "accidentally" purchased  by my child (which was a potential cause of this according to someone I spoke with in the customer service department this morning).

After spending HOURS on the phone with the so called customer service team, I was told that they were "very sorry" that this happened, but because their records show that I watched the event there was nothing that they could do.  There was also little assurance that in the event that this happened again there would be anything that they could do to help me in getting the charges removed.  

When pressed for the times that I supposedly watched the event I was told that I watched the event from 7:30pm EST to 2:00am EST.  Funny because I wasn't even home at 7:30pm and was asleep long before 2:00am EST. 

The best part is that when I asked them about records for other shows that I had purchased, their records indicated that I DIDN'T watch a moving that I had purchased, even though I had.  It's really disheartening to think that the only way Verizon is determining whether or not I actually watched something is based off of a report that is so CLEARLY inaccurate.

I've always been a good customer, and tell everyone how great my verizon services have been over the years, but this situation has be seriously considering my cable provider options.  The fact that something happened to cause this purchase that was outside of my control, and the fact that Verizon will not do anything to remove the charge or provide assurances that it won't happen again has me very concerned as a customer.

There is absolutely no protection for a customer that this happens to.  I've pretty much been told that i'm stuck with the charge, and if it happens again, I'll be stuck with that charge too.  But they're "very sorry" that this happened to me and it's "highly unlikely" that it will happen again.  When asked about what I could do if it did happen again, there was silence on the other end of the phone.  In this instance, the silence spoke volumes.  There is NOTHING they can or will do for someone if this happens to them other than say they're "sorry" and charge you for the PPV that you didn't order, or watch.

Sometimes sorry doesn't cut it anymore.

Signed, 

Frustrated Verizon Customer.

0 Likes
Re: Loyal customer with Pay Per View Issue
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Outlaw_61s,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Loyal customer with Pay Per View Issue
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Outlaw_61s, due to multiple failed attempts to reach you we will be closing this private support case.

If you need further assistance with Verizon service feel free to send us another post.

Thank you.

^Matthew

0 Likes