Many channels out?
cindra
Enthusiast - Level 1

Tonight I have tried to watch several different channels and many are just not working. I have tried calling Verizon for help and so far the recorded person has hung up on me twice. And then just told me that my call cannot be completed after asking me a bunch of questions she says oh I can't help you and I get a dial tone. Now I did finally get through and I have been on hold for over 20 minutes. I'm frustrated and I satill have no idea why I can't get several channels?

0 Likes
Many channels out
dw123

Yes, Many channels are out in our area too. I also have had problems getting through to TechSupport. When after more than a 1/2 hour on hold the Verizon rep suggested the In-Home Agent software to reboot my box.

0 Likes
Re: Many channels out
psumatt1
Contributor - Level 2

It may help to:

1) Let us know where you live

2) What channels are actually out. "Many" doesn't help too much. Smiley Wink

0 Likes
Re: Many channels out
cindra
Enthusiast - Level 1

ok I am in Camarillo california specifically. and some of the channels are 155, 157, 217.  So does that help me get an answer?

0 Likes
Re: Many channels out?
cindra
Enthusiast - Level 1

Someone here said I have to leave more info so here it is I am in California Calif. And some of the specific channels that were out are 155, 157, 217 but there were a lot more.

0 Likes
Re: Many channels out?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its more than likely a cabling issue to the box.  To check whats called your, SNR number, you'll need to do a little troubleshooting.  The SNR number, is the signal strength to the box.  

First turn the STB (set top box) on.

Second, on the front of the box, there are a bunch of buttons, you'll need to push the Power button once, and the select button twice.  Not holding any of the buttons, but kind of fast when you push them. 

This will get the box into the diagnostics mode.  If it says general status, you went to far, just push the left arrow to get you to the selection screen. 

Now that you are into Diagnostics, just use the arrows on the front of the box, or the remote, and cruise on down to D04 if you are on an HD box, or 03 if you are on a Standard Def box.  Now push Select. 

On this screen, near the bottom, you'll see your SNR Number, it should be somewhere above 35, for all channels to work.  If it is below 35, try reseating the coax cable on the back of the box, and if that doesn't get it up, try reseating the coax cable on the wall.  If it still doesn't improve, try the box in another room, if its still below 35, its the box. 

If its above 35 in the other room, its the cabling in the first room.  Try replacing the coax in that case, if still not above 35, call verizon tech support, they will need to send out a tech to check the inside wiring and the splitter at the ONT

0 Likes