Maryland Quantum TV Install was flawless.
prisaz
Legend

Installed the server, and auto activation, then clients too. Have one VMS-1100 Server and three IPC-1100 Clients.

Six Verizon Quantum TV tuners to access at four locations. I may just get another VMS-1100 and send back all the cable cards. I have been waiting since CES 2013.

Twelve cable card tuners, three extenders and an X-Box 360, at the same locations. Oh one extender I did relocate. I plan on sending at least one cable card back, as I had three in use.

Really smooth install.Heart

0 Likes
Re: Maryland Quantum TV Install was flawless.
prisaz
Legend

Did I mention I have visitors frm NYC. They are getting a first hand preview, hands on!

Impressed. 

0 Likes
optivity
Contributor - Level 3

Do you have a wireless N or b/g broadband router?

If wireless b/g, were you offered a free upgrade to the wireless N?

If you have a wireless N router is it the Actiontec MI424WR (GigE)?

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@optivity wrote:

Do you have a wireless N or b/g broadband router?

If wireless b/g, were you offered a free upgrade to the wireless N?

If you have a wireless N router is it the Actiontec MI424WR (GigE)?

You should have the latest Actiontec Wireless N Router or they should ship you one. Make it clear on your order that you do not. You need the MI-424WR Rev. I firmware which is the GigE router. That is the one with the red band around the front, and not the older one with silver. When I first entered my order and before I completed it, I entered a chat with a CSR, and the system wanted to upgrade my router, but when the order was finally placed, it was not shipped with a newer router. I had told the CSR the router type I had.

One thing to mention is that everything states only component cables ship. I received both component cables and HDMI for all four devices. But only one coax cable for the server, and none for the clients.Smiley Frustrated

Also note that the Wheaton MD, store just stated to me that they must be a tech install, which is not true, as mine came shipped with a self install kit from PA. It made it here over night. But I did order it at 4:..AM on launch day for our area. As demand builds, shipping may take longer.

INSTALL THE SERVER FIRST, MAKE SURE IT WORKS, BEFORE THE CLIENTS, ARE CONNECTED!

Also remember the Rev. I router is still not dual band. So you will get 2.4GHz and not 5GHz. There may newer one on its way, but I have not heard. I have a second real nice non Actiontec router, after the Verizon Equipment.

0 Likes