Re: Media Manager Miscellaneous Issues (Photo problems, OS questions, and General posts)
tns
Master - Level 2

@jtb2tab wrote:

Any idea when Media Manager will be update to support 64 Bit Vista?  This has been my one issue over the last few years.  It will run on my 64 Bit Vista system, but does not support the playback of m4a audio file (from iTunes).  MP3s, all video and photos play fine.

Media manager works on my Windows 7 64-bit.  On the other hand it is very limited in support for various codecs.  Since I have other methods to get to my TV's I use them most of the time

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager Miscellaneous Issues (Photo problems, OS questions, and General posts)
jtb2tab

I had heard that it now work on Windows 7 64-bit, but that is still not the case for VISTA 64-bit.  On MM download page specification it still says Vista (32-bit).  Anyways, I've called Verizon on this issue 4-5 times over the last few years, and they always say the .m4a playback issue is due to the Vista 64-bit non-compliance.  They have assured me that it will be fixed in the future though.

0 Likes
Media Manager: Cannot See Folders or Playlists From One Particular Computer
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

I have installed Verizon Media Manager 9.5.93 on 3 computers connected via Ethernet to the LAN.  Two are running Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit, and the third is running XP SP3.  The Win 7 boxes are brand new and essentially identically assembled.

On both Win 7 boxes I have added various music, photo, and video folders.  When I run the Media Manager from the Motorola 7262 DVR, I can seen both computers, and on one of the computers the added folders show up and play properly.  On the other box the only folders I can see are the default install folders.  These will display the original sample media.  What is strange is that on the box showing the default video, I have in fact deleted that material on the PC.

Somehow the Media Manager app on the latter PC is not actually updating the database of added folders and presenting that information to the DVR.  Not sure what's next here, but any ideas are welcome. 

EDIT Tried So Far:

1.  Compared results with two other computers running identical Media Manager software.  No improvement.

2.  Re-booted all network components including DVR, computers, peripherals, etc.  Did not re-boot Actiontec.  No improvement.

3.  Un-installed and then reinstalled latest Media Manager on offending computer.  No improvement.

4.  Checked firewall software on offending computer and specifically allowed access to Media Manager.  No improvement.

5.  Dumped all Media Manager imported folders on offending computer, and then added back a single photo folder.  No improvement.

The offending computer still shows the default music and photo folders that it loads on install.  What am I missing?

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager: Cannot See Folders or Playlists From One Particular Computer
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

Latest Tries to Repair Media Manager:

The gist of the problem is that Media Manager does not remember or apply changes in folder lists (photos, music, etc.) on the client computer.  This only occurs on one of the 3 computers running Media Manager, the other two working per spec.  On the 7232 DVR, Media Manager only lists the default sample folders that are loaded on the install to the computer in question.

This morning I tried a complete reboot of the network, going all the way back to the Actiontec.  After letting all the components shut down and sit for an extended period, I restarted the components in sequence, all the way back to the computers in question.  Unfortunately Media Manager still lists only the default folder.  Still puzzled.

Additional EDIT:  In comparing Media Manager installs on two different computers, one of which is running Media Manager properly, I find that two files in the user directory on each box are significantly different: "STBCommunications.log."  On the box that operates correctly this is a large log file that recounts each successful instance of Media Manager, but on the other box there are many failed notices.  For example, on the running box:

2012-04-30 11:45:55.725 Not sending back Discovery Packet... Timeout is less 
2012-04-30 11:45:55.725 Received Discovery Packet 
2012-04-30 11:45:55.772 Received Discovery Packet 
2012-04-30 11:45:55.772 Not sending back Discovery Packet... Timeout is less 
2012-04-30 11:45:55.772 Received Discovery Packet 
2012-04-30 11:45:55.818 Received Discovery Packet 
2012-04-30 11:45:55.818 Not sending back Discovery Packet... Timeout is less 
2012-04-30 11:45:55.818 Received Discovery Packet 

However on the non-performer:

#########################New Instance#####################################
2012-04-29 10:41:36.210 Accept bind failed:  10048 

2012-04-29 12:23:32.777 Accept bind failed:  10048 

2012-04-30 10:46:22.817 Accept bind failed:  10048 

Next I reset the Windows firewall on the offending computer for Media Manager, but still no go.  Finally I disabled Windows firewall completely, rebooted, and tried again.  No luck.

I'm am quickly running out of ideas, but will keep at it.  thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager: Cannot See Folders or Playlists From One Particular Computer - Temp Workaround
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

I finally tried the obvious: running Media Manager under an admin account.  On all my computers I have three accounts: my wife, myself, and good old Admin.  Our accounts are limited accounts just for safety and so on, and Admin does all the other work.  For reasons I have yet to understand, Media Manager works perfectly on one computer under any account, but only works completely on a different computer under an admin account.  So at least until I understand this situation a bit better, I can stand the minor inconvenience.

0 Likes
joelw1351
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the latest Version of Media Manager for Mac and it crashes on start 99% of the time.  When it doesn't crash and I sync it shows how much disk space is available then it stops with a time out error asking me to check my Internet connection.  On the set top box it shows my computer but says I should download the latest version of Media Manager or switch to SD as this version can't handle HD.  I am doing music no pictures so what does the resolution have to do with anything.  We need new Mac software.

0 Likes
Fearless1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been waiting several years for a Media Manager version that works on latest Macs. Last time I was in here I was told I need to update my Mac's OS. So I have. Now trying to use MM with Mac OS 10.8.1 (aka Mountain Lion - the very latest as I write) and when I finally get it up I get the message that I have to change my TV's settings to SD as MM doesn't support HD. Why? I can't change the settings back and forth each time I want to use this facility. Why would I want my HD TV set to a narrow screen? This is ridiculous. Verizon, when are you going to provide something that works as you claim in you sales spiel?

0 Likes
Fearless1
Enthusiast - Level 3

An additional problem: every time I launch VMM I get a message telling me a newer version is available so I download and replace the old one with the new. However the "newer" version is precisely the same edition as the one I already had - Version 1.3, Build 9.1.110 Next time I launch the same thing happens over and over...

0 Likes
oceanexpress1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here.   I think i may have fixed it by uninstalling MM, and theme reinstalling. 

0 Likes
CAN YOU PLAY AN MPEG4 Video FILE Ex:01Pilot(HD).4mv using VZMM?
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Movie:  MPEG4 Video file------ 01Pilot(HD).m4v           1.44GB Downloaded to my computer from iTunes.

Plays on my computer from iTunes

stored in:

C:\Documents and Settings\Thomas\My Documents\My Pictures\Verizon Media Manager

Want to ”see”  it on my home TV. Using HD DVR QIP  7216 P2  500GB

Cannot open in VZ Media Manager Library.  Running  VZMM Ver. 9.6.12 PROD

Message ----“corrupted” or unsupported by VZMM.

Would appreciate a "link" to its solution.

Tom

0 Likes