Re: Media Manager
CapnTrips
Contributor - Level 3

You cannot "add" any internet sites.  Earlier Beta versions of the Video Manager software streamed ONLY YouTube from the Internet.  When they went with the release, they DROPPED YouTube and added Veoh, Blip and DailyMotion.  They say that they are working on getting YouTube back as well as adding others, like Hulu, possibly, but that requires negotiations and contracts and such,  One flippant answer I got was that for Hulu content, I should just use VOD for those shows - which is a bogus answer, since VOD doesn't stockpile as extensive a backlog of shows as is available on Hulu.

Anyways, as an interesting note, I was a Beta tester for the Video Manager, and even today, the computer that had the Beta version loaded includes YouTube access in addition to the other three, while my other computers w/ MM loaded (same latest version) only have the three sistes listed.

Go figure.  (The software still works like crap, however)

0 Likes
Fios Media Manager & Apple Lossless
dolitsky

Much of my music is saved in the Apple lossless format.

Will the format be supported by the Fios media manager anytime soon?

Thanks for the info!

0 Likes
Media Manager - Photo Manager difficulties
rscoppo

I just downloaded Media Manager about a week ago and have run into some quirks with it ... I haven't been able to find much documentation in the "Help" section of the program.

Here are the 3 things I'm trying to do and/or understand;

1. How do you remove photos from the "Library" of Photo Manager once you place them there?

2. I have set up about 65 photos in the "Library" from one of my PC's "My Photos" folders. About 16 of those photos in the "Library" show a thumbnail that is not the actual photo (same thumbnail for all 16) ... that photo (16 thumbnails) is an actual photo that is in the "Library" from another folder from "My Photos". Don't know how that happened or how to correct it? When I do clik on the thumbnail, the correct photo does open up however!

3. In the "Photo Manager", I'm trying to understand the difference and/or relationship of the "Library", "Album", and "Folders".
Where can detailed documentation be found for Verizon's Media Manager?
        Thanks!
0 Likes
Pausing streaming videos
markperez
Contributor - Level 1

seriously I see that someone asked about pausing streaming videos 2 months ago and I just installed media manager today and well there is still no pause, rewind or fast forward option? These aren't brand new ideas for playing videos.

When are those options going to be available? And please don't say "sometime soon" or "we are working on it". A month would be satisfactory.

0 Likes
Media Manager and Windows 7
vinko99

First, I am sorry if this has already been posted, but if so, I am having trouble finding an answer.

I recently ran Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor - to insure all my programs would run when/if upgrading to Windows 7.

Unfortunately, one of the programs that appears to cause difficulity is Verizon FIOS MEdia Manager (V. 9.2.7.2).

It states that I am required to uninstall this program before performing the upgrade, and won't be able to install once Windows 7 is being used.

Any help with this one?  Really like the ability to post photos on the TV foir all to enjoy.

Thanks,

Vince

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager and Windows 7
jrice

Im running Windows 7 RC and Media Manager installed just fine. No issues whatsoever.

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager and Windows 7
vinko99

Thank you,

That is good news.  I DL'd Microsoft's program here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/get/upgrade-advisor.aspx

Currently running Vista, and got the result I mentioned above.  Maybe someone else can confirm?

Thanks - Vince

0 Likes
MEDIA MANAGER
Linda2009

How do you add and remove pictures to a folder on Media Manager?

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager Miscellaneous Issues (Photo problems, OS questions, and General posts)
VZ_Brian
Contributor - Level 2

The following steps should be used as a guide to resolve general errors that may occur while using Verizon’s Media Manager. 

1. In Media Manager, verify that critical dependencies are met by clicking on Help>Dependency Checker Wizard. 
  2. If you can’t view your pictures on your TV, but you can view them in Media Manager on your PC, reboot the 3 components:  PC, Set-Top Box, and the Verizon router.
  3. If you still experience persistent issues, uninstall and reinstall the Media Manager software.

If all of the above steps have been taken and you still experience issues with Media Manager, please post here of contact Verizon Technical Support at (888) 553-1555.

0 Likes
MEDIA MANAGER AND IMPORTING PLAYLISTS
FOLEYMAN13

I have several playlists saved in my WM player and when I try to import them into Verizon Media Manager using the import playlist function the Verizon Media Manager crashes and says " MEDIA MANAGER HAS STOPPED WORKING" anybody have the same issue or a work around for this.

I have the latest media manager 9.2.72

0 Likes