Media Manager loads to "Switch To or Retry" Buttons
Rushfan3
Enthusiast - Level 3

This has been going on for some time, but it's finally gotten to the point that it's annoying.

I run Media Manager on my PC so I can stream music into my bedroom when I go to sleep. (Radio stations around here leave a lot to be desired, and the only good station I happen to like can not be streamed through the Media Manager program, since Corus does everything through a Flash based stand alone player. Such is life in the slow lane.) When I start Media Manager to get it ready for the night, it immediately brings up a dialog box saying something along the lines that the program needs attention and it offers the buttons "Switch To..." Or "Retry" and the "Cancel" button is grayed out. After hitting either Retry or Switch To... about 3 to 5 times, Media Manager usually loads up at that point.

Now I don't know if it's because I'm running my music through a 1 TB external, if Tech Specs changed on Media Manager that require more RAM or such, or if it's just the program being bonkers on a Windows 7 64 Bit OS despite he fact that it does run it in a program files (x86) format, which I'm lead to believe is the 32 bit format, or what is the problem. I wouldn't think that it has to do with the computer being Wi-Fi, but I won't dismiss that either. I just don't understand why it's going into this, and I don't know what the fix is. I have installed any updates that were needed, and I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the Media Manager as well. 

Any help or ideas on how to fix this annoying problem?

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager loads to "Switch To or Retry" Buttons
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

That "Switch to program" or "retry" is a windows errors that's coming up. Windows is having trouble with the program. I have not heard of it happening with the Media Manager before. If there was some issue with the software, we would have seen this pop up with other customers. I am not sure what it is about the computer that's causing this. Maybe it's in competition with another program? Only suggestion I can think of to try to isolate it is to run the computer in safe mode and see if it does it there as well.

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager loads to "Switch To or Retry" Buttons
Rushfan3
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

That "Switch to program" or "retry" is a windows errors that's coming up. Windows is having trouble with the program. I have not heard of it happening with the Media Manager before. If there was some issue with the software, we would have seen this pop up with other customers. I am not sure what it is about the computer that's causing this. Maybe it's in competition with another program? Only suggestion I can think of to try to isolate it is to run the computer in safe mode and see if it does it there as well.

Ok, I will give safe mode a try. Basically the only programs that I have on here that are media based are Windows Media Player, iTunes, Amazon MP3 uploader and downloader for purchase of music, Songbird for my MP3 Player, and anything that came with the Windows Live software, which would include the video maker. I'm sure the other usual suspects, Quicktime and Realplayer, are also hanging around somewhere, though I rarely use them but on web based stuff.

I know it was fine until a couple of updates ago. It was so bad the other day that I couldn't start Media Manager at all until I rebooted my system again, which prompted me to post out about it.  

0 Likes