Motorola 6200 HD STB usb port to portable hard drive?
dcc733

Can I use my  Motorola 6200 HD STB usb port to store tv shows on a portable hard drive?

0 Likes
Re: Motorola 6200 HD STB usb port to portable hard drive?
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

No.  The USB port, the input RCA jacks, and the sSATA are not enabled.  The only working port (and that is limited to programs that are not flag limited) is the Firewire on the 7xxx series.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Verizon announced they will having a firmware update that will add Esata support, but haven't announced a firm date.  so rumors are by the end of the year..  Cross your fingers  

0 Likes
jnmarshall
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

Verizon announced they will having a firmware update that will add Esata support, but haven't announced a firm date.  so rumors are by the end of the year..  Cross your fingers  

But this will cut into their DVR profits. I would not count on these ports to ever work.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

no plans for USB or ethernet to work, but they announced that the Esata will, and firewire has always worked per FCC guidelines. 

I think there is no reason (especially with an official announcement) not to believe the esata will become available for use.  they even announced that it's scheduled for use with 1 TB drives, sooOoOOoOo idk.

0 Likes
philhu
Contributor - Level 2

Well, the ethernet is not needed since the cable boxes use MOCA through the COAX.

I WOULD love for them to support USB ports for a usb keyboard for use in widgets and searches.

joel826

My understanding is that the 6200HD doesn't have an eSata port.  Where is the 1394 (Firewire) port?

0 Likes