Motorola QIP6200-2 HD STB resetting, full screen guide error
Psuvball
  My STB has been resetting itself from about the first day installed, at a rate of about once every 25-30 mins altho sometimes it could last an hour sometimes 5 mins, i must say im a little suprised when i went over the install with the tech i told him specifically i know the exisiting cable home runs are all rg-59, so a new line needed run to were the router and TV would go, i even made the location closer to simplify his work and yet i find he didnt run a new line, hooked into the old splitter which has the rg59 on it, so i ran a new piece of rg6q with a new terminal block outside which changed how often the box resets to about an hour or more, but now i get a full screen guide error, i changed the settings so there's no SD change, still cant watch most channels, and the ones i do get still reset after an hour or so, my internet doesnt always DC when the box resets but it does sometimes.  Any ideas... and call customer support which has "heavy volume" all the time isnt working.
0 Likes
Re: Motorola QIP6200-2 HD STB resetting, full screen guide error
Psuvball
  Anyone have any ideas?  Went through 30 mins of phone time with no results and no actual person to talk to.  If it could be a cable connection issue i can replace ends but i dont want to replace stuff thats ok.  Also should the HD STB constantly be warm even on standby?  To me heat=energy consumption. 
0 Likes