Motorola box error codes dec FP6A crc pll
pelman

Similar to the below post from February, my box shows the same error codes.  I tried the solution Anthony mentioned  but no luck.   Any other suggestions?

pelman

My motorola box shows the following:

FP6a

dEc

crc

pll

Any suggestions?

Employee

0 Kudos 09-07-2011 08:23 PM

The box is stuck in an error loop. It should be cycling through those error messages in that order repeatedly. Try unscrewing the coax cord from both ends and unplugging power cord. Screw coax on both ends then plug in power cord. If that doesn't fix it, send me a private message so we can try sending some commands down to the box.

Anthony_VZ

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

0 Likes
Re: Motorola box error codes dec FP6A crc pll
Nobrun1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Had the same problem today. Once you plug it back in and turn it on, wait. Patience. It takes a while to reset but it eventually does. Thanks Tony.

Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to see that solution didn't work for you. Have you tried plugging this box into a known working coax outlet where another box successfully works? This would prove if its a signal issue or a box issue. If further assistance is required, please reply back.

0 Likes
Kurttb
My box was doing the error cycle so I unplugged/unscrewed everything and re-screwed and plugged it all back in....it's no longer doing the error cycle it's just faint 8's...and anything I press on the box or the remote just selects one of the 8's like I'm preparing to change the time or something
0 Likes
vb

I just had a set top box that went through the error codes, then finally just showed 8888.  I contacted Verizon and am getting a replacement box.

0 Likes
rlmandell

One of my three boxes is not working. I tried unpluging the box from power and the coaxial line. I then rebooted the box and the coaxial cable with no results.  What can I do next?

0 Likes