Motorolla QIP7100P2 Constant MRDVR problems
jgruber15

So, I've had this box for about 1 month now, and it was working perfect up until today.

I was trying to watch a show that I had on the DVR, and everything was fine, then the DVR just kinda paused itself.  Wouldn't accept commands from the remote, then, it would start up again (not skipping ahead, started where it left off).  It did this about every 5-10 minutes. 

Then the box just decided to stop working all together, and stay in a "hung" state, where no commands from the remote did anything again, even the box itself wouldn't accept commands from the front panel.  Shortly after that the box just reset itself.

Upon the DVR box rebooting, it didn't know it was a DVR, hitting the DVR button on the remote brought up the screen, and informed me that there are no MRDVR's in my house (this clearly isn't the case).

I had to hard reset the box, unplugged all the cables, pushed the power button to remove any extra stored energy.  Let it sit there for a few minutes, then plugged it in... upon rebooting, and after I was able to get into menu's once again, I was able to see my DVR info.

So far the MRDVR has done the above mentioned 7-8 times in the last 2 hours, watching a different show on the MRDVR produces the same results.

I plan to put in a call to Tech Support tomorrow when they are open, to inform them of the problem, and hopefully recieve a new unit...

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm willing to hear them.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Motorolla QIP7100P2 Constant MRDVR problems
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I'm sorry to hear about your problem with the DVR. I have sent you a PM to help further.

0 Likes