Moved QIP6416 and QIP7100
SteveP2
Contributor - Level 2

Originally I had the QIP6416 in my bedroom and the QIP7100 in the living room. I have now switched them. Once I connected the QIP7100 in the bedroom the sound that is coming from it is terribly low. In fact I have to raise the volume indicator to 30 before I can hear anything decently loud. I have set the audio to fixed on the QIP7100, so the TV handles the sound. The TV is a Vizio 22".

When the QIP7100 was in the living room its audio connection was optical to my AV receiver. Now in the bedroom the audio is coming over HDMI. Do I need to do some form of audio reset to get this back in sync?

Thanks,

Steve

0 Likes
Re: Moved QIP6416 and QIP7100
Hubrisnxs
Legend

This appears to be a known issue.  This should be resolved in the newest firmware update that is currently being rolled out to customers over the next month or two. 

The problem doesn't happen (or shouldn't have) over optical audio, but over HDMI audio the sound is low (-10dB) and as a temporary work around, customers were to use component with stereo audio or digital/optical audio out.  the hdmi was definitively lower

This thread had several users with similiar issues..

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/anyone-else-having-problems-with-volume-ou...

0 Likes