Multi Room DVR
wb30lax1

If i have a DVR box alredy, can i get a multi room box now to read what i have recorded, or do i have to get a whole new set with DVr and Mutli Room DVR boxes.

0 Likes
Re: Multi Room DVR
tns
Master - Level 2

They don't make different hardware for MRDVR.  You just have to enable it.  You should be able to find it somewhere in the menu (DVR?, SETTINGS? I don't remember exactly where).  You can also call to have them enable it.  It will cost you $4 more a month.

0 Likes
Re: Multi Room DVR
prisaz
Legend

Multi Room DVR can be enabled on any of the DVRs, but if you have one of the older QIP-6XXX  DVRs and have been paying $12.95, your cost will go up to $19.95. If you wish to upgrade to the MR-DVR and have one of the older QIP-6XXX, I would say get the upgraded DVR, and not just the feature. With the 1.9 img software upgrade being sent out to all customers, the QIP-7xxx would be a better choice. The QIP-7232 P2 being the latest at this time. If you are a newer customer, depending on your area, Cisco DVR hardware may have been installed.

Here is a link to the various hardware. Typical policy is, you get what is available. There have offered the 7232 to existing customers for an upgrade fee, but the box may not be available.

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Receivers/User+Guides/User+Guides.htm

0 Likes