Multi-room DVR not deleting recording after it was watched from another room.
Mangor

DVR records and deletes any program fine - as long as it was watched from the DVR.

I try and delete a recording that was watched from another box and it errors with a message similar to "recording is being watched from another box."

I have to wait about a week or two to delete. We're now placing bets as to what the magical day will be when we can delete a specific recording.
Upgraded 2 weeks ago from the old silver DVR to a new black DVR. I was positive the new DVR would resolve the issue - wrong.

I read in: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Can-t-delete-shows-off-of-DVR/td-p/428933 that if I watch another recording, I'll be able to delete the first recording - will try that tonight.

Still, even if that works, it's still irritating. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Multi-room DVR not deleting recording after it was watched from another room.
starrin
Contributor - Level 3

Mangor wrote:

DVR records and deletes any program fine - as long as it was watched from the DVR.

I try and delete a recording that was watched from another box and it errors with a message similar to "recording is being watched from another box."

TO delete a recording from another box when you are done you must either let the recording complete and move you bck to live TV, or, easier, when you click on the particular show you are watching first click on "Stop the Recording" or whateversimilar to that it says that means STOP.  Once the recording stops, then click on the show again and click on "delete"
Works for me. In other words you can't delete a show on another DVR until you first stop it.
   starrin
0 Likes
Re: Multi-room DVR not deleting recording after it was watched from another room.
Mangor

Starrin - Thanks for your reply.

The recording I've watched had finished recording by hours/days by the time I get around to watching it.

I know better than to try and delete it after I finish after watching because it just won't delete.

I have to wait weeks before I can delete it.

For example, I record on Monday, watch the recording on another TV in the house on Wednesday (and stop the playback completely), then try and delete from the DVR on Friday - won't delete.

Tested with the 3 other boxes in the house. If I watch a recording on any of them, I have to wait weeks to delete them.

0 Likes