Multiroom DVR 7232 Problem
joker211
Contributor - Level 1

Multiroom DVR 7232 Problem:

It seems that we have an Video/ Audio Shudder that happens randomly and frequently.  It happens on all channels and does it for less then a minute then clears then comes back. It is on recorded shows and live shows. I called Verizon and they did a DVR reset.  The DB is 37 and I insisted on a Node reset.  

Three years ago I re-wired my house.  So the coax is newish.  We only have one super splitter for all 3 tv's.  If it was the splitter the NON dvr boxes would do the same.

A few months ago we lost half our recorded shows after the last update.  Is all this related?   DO I need to replace the DVR?   I was waiting for the new VMS to come to our area before I change boxes.

I unplugged the box twice before I called Fios.   

After talking to them it seems the box is back to normal.

I think the Hard Drive is failing.  It has the classic symptoms.

Anything else I could try?  

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Multiroom DVR 7232 Problem
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does it happen even playing back the shows locally? If so, then it most probably is a box issue (or could be coax connection to that box). An intermiittant connection could look clean when you look, but have problems other times.

0 Likes
Re: Multiroom DVR 7232 Problem
joker211
Contributor - Level 1

WHen I play live or recorded shows on DVR this happens on all shows and all channels.   I have new wires all meet specs

0 Likes