Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
Neneandveve
0 Kudos

My DVR is not working

The picture freezes every few minutes, the screen goes black and the number to call appears. I press b to troubleshoot or call the number. The box is reset but in the meantime I lost a portion of the program. Then it freezes again within 10 minutes and I start all over again. I am frustrated and disappointed. I would like to watch TV without the drama. This is FiOS!!!

Silver Contributor I
GaryDoug
0 Kudos

Re: My DVR is not working

What I would do, the impetious fool I am:

Unplug the DVR, take it to your local Verizon store, and swap it for a new one.

Gold Contributor I
lasagna
Plan: Prime HD 50/25

Actually this could be a bad connection or splitter problem ... had a very similar situation on my upstairs STB.  I disconnected everything (coax connections) and reconnected them and replaced a splitter and everything started working again.   That message screen is indicative of too low of a signal coming into the STB and would appear to affect certain channels (those running at higher frequencies) more than others (there is not correlation between a channel number and the frequencies -- higher numbers don't equate to higher frequencies and two adjacent channels can be on frequencies at complete opposite ends of the spectrum).  If the problem persist, someone here can tell you how to check the signal level for a particular channel and you can see if this is the case.

Platinum Contributor I
prisaz

GaryDoug wrote:

What I would do is buy a Tivo and order a cable card. Then take the OLD DVR to the Verizon store and get a receipt.:smileyvery-happy:

Contributor
tdavek
0 Kudos

GaryDoug wrote:

Have you actually done this?  AFAIK, the stores in TX, FL and CA don't do swaps.  You can return a box, but not swap for a new one.

Silver Contributor I
GaryDoug
0 Kudos

Yes. I did a DVR swap in the Verizon store in the Gulfview Mall in New Port Richey, Florida. That was about 3 months ago and I called ahead to make sure they had one in stock. Of course, they might have just liked the sound of my voice or something ;-)

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411