My Media Manager fix
blindlarry

After many frustrating hours on the phone with Verizon fios tech support... I decided to go another direction. Trial and error. Well here is the deal. After starting Media Manager, I then went to my tv and STB and brought up Media Manager with the response of "Device Not Found." For me this was the KEY. I disabled the firewall on my ESET Smart Security 4. Then went to my TV and tried again.. Walla!

Now I had to figure out what need to be changed. I got up early this morning and called tech support for ESET and the lady e-mailed me the fix in thier data base. My firewall fix After doing this you will want to put the firewall back to Automatic mode with acceptions (user defined).  Before you do this last step make sure you access all the apps you normally use and click remember this action.  If you have any other questions and you are running ESET Smart Security 4 like I am, call thier tech support at 866-343-3738. They are very helpful and support thier products extreamly well.  The only help I got from fios support was to refer me to these forums. As the lady from fios tech support told me they get most of thier fixes from this forum. I feel it was my duty as a fellow user to share my experiance and possibly save you the frustraton I have experienced.. Hope this is a help to you.

0 Likes