My STB's keep turning off
jdipadova

I just got Fios installed two weeks ago.  I had three boxes installed including a multi-room DVR.  I ordered two additional boxes online for my upstairs bedrooms.  I had to manually activate the two boxes because I was gone for a week when they came and according to the instructions i missed the auto-activate window.  Ever since I have attempted to activate them, both boxes just keep turning themselves on and off constantly.  I am unable to watch a channel for more than about ten seconds.  I have tried all the reset and reboot procedures and the troubleshooting on Verizon's website.  The boxes show up on my network, and also on my account info on the website.  I know the cable signal is good to both rooms because I had Charter boxes in ther before.  The whole reason I didn't have these STB's installed when I got the rest of the service was to avoid the additional installation fee.  I am an engineer by trade and am pretty capable with both electrical and low-voltage communication wiring so I can't believe this is any kind of operator error.  The other issue I have been having is losing signal to my wireless devices in the house and I wonder if they could be related.  I didn't have this problem with Charter.  I Now I am afraid that Verizon is going to want to send someone out and charge me for service.  If they do that I may be tempted to have them take it all out and tell them to stuff it.

0 Likes
Re: My STB's keep turning off
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Im sorry to hear about the problems with the new equipment. I have sent you a PM to further work on this

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Also try an stb auto correction.

Click on menu / customer support / in home agent and then click on set top box auto correction.
0 Likes
jdipadova

I want to apologize for the tone of my first post.  I just reread it and I guess I was a little frustrated the other night.  Let me also say that I tried a little more scientific approach last night to the problem and swapped one of the new upstairs boxes with one from the original install downstairs. The old box works fine upstairs and at first the new box had the same issues downstairs turning off every 30 seconds or so but tonight it seems to be working.  I'm wondering if it could be a heating up issue?  I will leave the box downstairs on and see if it acts up.  I am trying a similar test with the other box and will keep you posted.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

It has been almost a week and per your private message you would reach back out to me if you still had the problems. It seems then that you were able to correct it with that. If you have any other problems with it, please make sure to private message me directly so it catches my attention.

0 Likes