Customers With Disabilities
Gold Contributor III
Keyboards
Plan: Extreme HD DV /50/25
0 Kudos

NBC Sports HD (channel 590 VHO8) - NO AUDIO!!

[ Edited ]

Anyone else finding that the HD version of NBC Sports (channel 590) has no audio (except of course on the commercials  :smileyfrustrated: )?  SD version on channel 90 is fine.

Just went to playback the Indy Lights race recorded earlier and the whole recording (other than some commercials) is like watching a silent movie.  Surpisingly closed captioning is working even though the audio is silent.

EDIT - Amazingly shortly after posting this the audio returned (after being out for over 2 hours that I know of).

EDIT2 - May have spoken too soon.  Now the show on (7:13 PM) has audio but some of the station pormos are still coming in silent.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Contributor
Stug0tz
0 Kudos

Re: NBC Sports HD (channel 590 VHO8) - NO AUDIO!!

I'm having the same problem in south jersey
Contributor
kramark1
0 Kudos

Yep, same problem. Very annoying although I am thinking it's not necessarily Verizon but NBC Sports Net.

Gold Contributor VII
Justin
0 Kudos

Well I did not see the issue here in North Texas today, so what if anything does that say? I don't know, a regional Verizon issue maybe?

After seeing the original post here I watched my recording of the Indy Lights race, audio was just fine. And over maybe a two hour period I checked 590 live a half dozen or so times after watching the recording, all was fine.

Keller, TX 76248

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools