NO HDMI SIGNAL BUT O.K. ON REGULAR CHANNELS
thistleb

I HAVE A MITSUBISHI MEDALLION 55" PROJECTION TV. THE HDMI CHANNELS ARE NOT BEING RECEIVED VIA THE BOX. I RECENTLY MOVED THE DVR HDTV BOX TO ANOTHER LOCATION AND REPLACE IT WITH A NEW HDTV BOX.TO THIS LOCATION. TECH SUPPORT COULD NOT GET REMOTE ACCESS TO ANALYZE THE ISSUE. THEY SENT ME A NEW BOX, BUT I STILL CANNOT GET THE HD STATIONS.  WHEN SWITCHING FROM REGULAR TO THE HD STATIONS, THE TV WILL SHOW SCRAMBLING WITH SOUND, THEN TURN BLUE WITH NO SOUND.  THE HDTV RECEIVER ALSO FREEZES UP  ALLOWING TO SWITCH CHANNELS. THE TV SUPPORT SAYS THIS IS A VERIZON ISSUE SINCE I CAN GET THE REGULAR CHANNELS BUT NOT THE HD CHANNEL. NEED YOUR HELP.  THANKS.

0 Likes
Re: NO HDMI SIGNAL BUT O.K. ON REGULAR CHANNELS
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Well it sounds like there are two possible problems.

1. Problem with the incomming signal to the STB

2. Problem with the TV input.

Since you've had the STB replaced, it is not likely to be a STB issue. Now it could be related to all the other HDMI issues floating around, but I dont think so since the SD channels work. Usually the HDMI issues dont affect just some channels and not others.

1st try checking the incomming signal. Turn the STB ON and tune to one of the HD channels that are having issues. Now, can you press menu and get the Verizon menu nice and clear?

No...Then the problem is the HDMI cable or the TV input

Yes... Then exit the menu. Stay on this channel and on the front of the stb press .....    power ,   select  ,  select  (in that order) needs to be fairly quick, not more than a couple seconds in between presses.   This will bring up a diagnostic screen. Go down the list to the one that says "inband status". Then press the right arrow button. In the next screen you will see something that says  "SNR" with a number next to it. What is that number?

If less than 33db, then you need to call tech support and have them come out and check the wiring and signal levels.

If more than 33db, then further troubleshooting is needed. Or need to look at the TV itself.

Now for the second possiblity, the TV. Does your tv have more than one HDMI input? Can you try the second input?  Can you try using Component cables (red, green, blue, red, white)  instead of HDMI? Do you have another HDMI unit like a BluRay player? Connect it and play a BluRay disk, does it have the same problem? Yes, call Mitsubishi. No, continue troubleshooting.

Let us know the results

0 Likes