Need Samsung BD-P1600 FIOS Remote Code
mstubb

Tried all the Samsung DVD codes from Verizon FIOS remote control web site and none work on my P1600 blu ray player.  Does anyone know of any additional codes for the FIOS remote or have you already come across this?   Any help would be great.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Need Samsung BD-P1600 FIOS Remote Code
VZ_Constance
Contributor - Level 1

Hey mstubb...here are instructions for a general code search.

Searching for a Device Code

Turn on the device you want to program into your remote, for example if you are programming your remote to control your TV, then turn on the TV.

Press and hold the device button for the device you turned on in step 1 (DVD) and press OK. Release both buttons.

The mode buttons blink twice.

Press 922.

Point the remote control toward the device you are setting up and press the upper part of the Play button.

Press the Fast Forward button. If the device you are setting up does not turn off, keep pressing the Fast Forward button until the device powers off, don't press to fast, you need a second to see if the box responded or not. (You can use the Rewind button to go back, if necessary.)

When the device powers off then you've found the correct code for that device. Press OK to assign the code in your remote control.

Note:
There are over 200 possible combinations for DVD codes. The most common codes are tried first but you may still need to press the Fast Forward or Rewind buttons over 200 times to find the correct code for your device.

If you reach the end of the list of codes, the entire remote flashes twice and returns to normal operation. You can exit programming at any time by pressing the Exit button. 

I hope this helps...Thanks for reaching out to us.

0 Likes
rxr49

I have the Samsung BD-P1600 blu-ray player as well. Just got my HD FioS TV and tried the approach suggested in the Verizon remote manual (and by the Verizon employee who replied to this thread):

http://www22.verizon.com/nroneretail/nr/rdonlyres/0d93f875-4498-460f-8fc4-a15d519b4e7c/0/welcomekitr...

I cycled through 527 remote codes (that's the max number of codes after which the remote stops cycling), during which time my Samsung TV got powered off around 4 times. However, the Samsung blu-ray player never powered off. Which means they don't have a code for this Samsung blu-ray player, whether documented or not!  BTW, I was surprised to see DVD player codes documented in the manual but none for any Blu-ray players. Surprising given that an HD FioS set-top box will almost always be used with an HD TV and Blu-Ray player setup, not DVD player!!

PS: BTW, you can cycle through remote codes really fast. As long as the red light blinks once, it's sent a 'power-off' signal... so you can hit the 'forward' button to move on to the next code.

0 Likes
RLR

Verizon, are you listening.    A Samsung Blue Ray and Samsung Home Theatre are great devices and very popular.  How is it possible you are not supporting them?    I am a new subscriber and this is extremely frustrating.  

0 Likes
rtpjr1

Seems like there is no solution but I thought I would ask anyways;

I need a remote code for a Samsung BD-P3600 Blu Ray player.  The manufacturer states that remote codes are supplied by the provider (which would make sense since it's your remote).  Yes I have tried the search method (..922)  This seems to be an issue that has come up on multiple message boards regarding Samsung Blu Ray players.  I would think Verizon would have a solution already; maybe I did not look in the right area.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-rtpjr   Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@rtpjr wrote:

Seems like there is no solution but I thought I would ask anyways;

I need a remote code for a Samsung BD-P3600 Blu Ray player.  The manufacturer states that remote codes are supplied by the provider (which would make sense since it's your remote).  Yes I have tried the search method (..922)  This seems to be an issue that has come up on multiple message boards regarding Samsung Blu Ray players.  I would think Verizon would have a solution already; maybe I did not look in the right area.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-rtpjr   Smiley Sad

It appears to me that the Verizon remotes were manufactured and loaded with the most up to date codes some time back. And as far as I can tell Verizon does not have a procedure for updating the remotes already in customer hands with codes for newer devices, or exchanging the remotes for ones already contains newer codes. Maybe I am wrong, and if I am then hopefully someone can tell us how to get remotes with newer codes already loaded.

Now, here is a list of codes from Verizon's website for Samsung DVD devices :

0517, 0600, 0771, 0847, 0926, 1071, 1102, 3317, 3324, 3343, 3351, 3390, 3397, 3418, 3429, 3454, 3466, 3517, 3521

I doubt that any of them will work for your box, but have you tried all of them? If not you might, maybe, just maybe, one will work, either completely or partially.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
mclawson74

I know these are some old posts but thought I would add my 2 cents since I was looking all over the place for Blu-Ray remote codes and will hopefully help someone else out on here.

I tried all the dvd codes with no success. Also tried the procedure that cycles through a bunch of codes with no success.

In my case, I have a Samsung Blu-Ray/DVD Home Theater System HT-C6600. So, I thought I would try the codes under "Audio Receivers" instead of "DVD".  SUCCESS!!!  It now controls my Blu-Ray player. 

Please Note as per the instruction manual:  You can assign a DVD or VCR to the DVD key. The AUX key is reserved for audio receivers, amplifiers and VCRs. 

So you have to use the Audio Receiver code on the AUX button. But you can also make the remote use the AUX volume controls when in STB mode.

Please Note as per the instruction manual: 

If you always want the Volume Keys to control the AUX device…

Some people may want to always adjust the volume using their AUX device

(typically a home theater receiver), regardless of the mode they are in.

1. Press and hold the STB key.

2. While holding down the STB key, press the OK key.

3. Release both keys. The Device Keys will blink twice.

4. Press 9 - 5 - 5. The STB key will blink twice.

5. Press AUX. The AUX key will blink three times to indicate success 

in programming

To return to controlling the volume via the TV, press TV in step 5. If you want

to control the volume through any device (by pressing a Device Key, then a

Volume Key), press OK in step 5

Hope this helps anyone in need and if you need a copy of the manual then just click there --->  Verizon FiOS Remote Control Manual 

0 Likes
Jeepster1

@mstubb wrote:

Tried all the Samsung DVD codes from Verizon FIOS remote control web site and none work on my P1600 blu ray player.  Does anyone know of any additional codes for the FIOS remote or have you already come across this?   Any help would be great.  Thanks.

I was having the same issue spent hours with Verizon and Samsung each telling me it was the others responsibility to provide the code, found out it is the remote makers responsibility. Anyway apparently the mfg. for Verizon does not have their act together. Someone told me about a Logitech remote that they bought at Radio Shack and they loved it.  I just bought one, the Harmony 300 on sale $29.95  and have it up in running in less than 10 minutes that includes going on line to set it up. It comes with a cable to to hook up to your pc for the set up, no codes to mess with, you can reassign keys if you wish.If a low tech guy like me can do it anyone can. All you do is enter the model number of you TV, DVD, Cable box etc. and you are in business. Verizon get with it, nice to offer all these bells and whistles but your customers want to use them not just know they are there. Good by bag full of remotes!!!

0 Likes