Need help in connecting a SOny SLV-D360P DVD/VHS player to VMS1100 ARRIS
theVMan1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

We recently upgraded to Quantum and on the old box we had, we were able to connect the DVD player with the coax into the DVD and then another coax out from the DVD to the cable box.  We have the red, yellow and white cables connected and it workled.  The VMS1100 ARRIS doesn't have an out Coax.  I hooked up the cables to the correct colors but it won't work.  We don't want to have to buy a new DVD, I guess Blue Ray is what we will have to get but all our movies are on DVD and that can get expensive.  Does anyone know how I can connect the old DVD to the new box?  Thanks so much for your help!

0 Likes
Re: Need help in connecting a SOny SLV-D360P DVD/VHS player to VMS1100 ARRIS
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

If you are just trying to play movies and not record you can hook up the DVD player to another input on the back of your TV and just change the TV input when you want to switch from the cable box to your DVD player.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Depending on your TV and what input it has, I would propose the following:

1) Connect VMS to TV via three cables. When you want to watch VMS, you have to change TV input to the connection you have it hooked to (might be labelled somethng like input 1 or composite input). Hook DVD player directly to coax input and select it (probably labelled antenna or tv) to watch DVD player.

2) Alternately, connect VMS to an input on DVD player (assuming it has inputs). Then, using dvd remote, select its input to be the one the VMS is conencted to. Connect DVD direct to coax input of TV. You will probably have to turn DVD player on when you want to watch STB.

As a side note, a Blu Ray player will play older DVDs.

As a second side note, you won't be getting the best picture the VMS can provide using your current set up. It is not providing you an HD picture. So unless your TV has a DVI or HDMI input, you would need a new TV to use your FIOS TV service to its fullest potential.

0 Likes
theVMan1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

Thanks so much for all yuor suggestions!  I am going to try them out and I I'm looking at BluRay players as well.  I didn't know they also play the older DVD's.

Thanks!

Vito

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad to help.

If you like someone's post, please send Kudos and accept as a solution.

0 Likes