New Customer experience causing concern
haldejong

Verizon FiOS made an offer I finally couldn't refuse, so I signed up.  Yesterday, the installer spend the day at my house.  TV,Internet & phone.  The cutover, from three other unrelated services, went pretty smooth.  Phone came up first.  Then the Internet.  TV's were done last.  That's where things went bad.  Of the 4 TV's, initially only the SD box worked.  Then a couple of hours later one of the HD boxes was subscribed to the programming.  As of this morning, Verizon is still unable to subscribe the DVR or other HD set top box.  Seems to be a wide-spread problem in their servers as other new customers are also being affected.  Not a good impression on a new customer.  

On the Internet side, I am unable to send outgoing email.  We had Earthlink over Time Warner cable.  I found this site while searching Verizon's web for help with why my outgoing email settings might be blocking my outgoing email. 

In summary, the changeover is NOT seemless.  I guess I expected some glitches, but help seems to be difficult to find.  I guess I'll have to call customer support and get a tech on the line to get the email issue resolved.

0 Likes
Re: New Customer experience causing concern
PJL
Master - Level 3

If you're trying to connect to an Earthlink server using port 25, it won't work.  Verizon blocks port 25 outbound connections.  See http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSInternet/Email/Setup%20And%20Use/QuestionsOne/124274.