New FIOS TV upgrade
Hhead

Just got Home media DVR and second HD STB to replace two Directv HDdvrs.

Previously I could detect/stream from my ReadyNAS/PC to the the STBs and from the STBs to the PCs.

Now the STBs are undetectable and the PC's/ReadyNas can't be seen by the STBs. Is that because they are on the moca network instead of the lan? I have Verizon media manager software downloaded to the PC and it doesn't see the ReadyNas either however the WIN7 media center and webpage interfaces work fine as well as the ability to browse to the device.

The media center DVR address displayed is 192.168.1.101 which should be visible to the PC's/readynas as they are in the 192.168.1.2-20 range.

Does anyone have any ideas on why the Moca lan can't talk to the Cat5 side?

0 Likes
Re: New FIOS TV upgrade
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Verizon DVR's are not DLNA capable nor do they allow content to be streamed via DLNA (the latter being a content providers restriction on rebroadcasting content).

The media manager will allow you to make visible certain directories from your PC so that the STB's can view the content (understanding that the content and file formats it understands are somewhat limited).

I use my PS/3 and Xbox 360 to view content from my NAS (both of these will see the DLNA capable devices on your network).

0 Likes