New FIOS interface killed CC
srxdba
Enthusiast - Level 2

FIOS just auto-updated the interface I see for program listings, etc.  Now the Closed Captioning doesn't work.  The settings are still the same they've always been, with CC1 selected, but no channels show captions...none.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New FIOS interface killed CC
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Pull the power cord and let the box reboot. When it is done try setting up CC again to see if it works.

View solution in original post

Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Pull the power cord and let the box reboot. When it is done try setting up CC again to see if it works.

srxdba
Enthusiast - Level 2

Excellent idea!  I rebooted via power cord and when it came back, CC showed as being off.  I switched it to CC1 and it now appears to work.  Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Likes
lsiener
Enthusiast - Level 1
I too have had CC problems since the new interface. Before, it used to stay on cc1 even when I turned everything off and then turned back on. And it stayed on when I switched to a live channel or a recorded program. Now I have to select the cc button (*) on remote and turn it back on again each time. I even go into the menu/settings/system/accessibility/CC list and it says cc1. Even there I have to turn it off, save, and then turn it back on again. I have rebooted the box and no help there. I have been a fios customer for 2 years and have never had this problem
yd4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here. Ever since the upgrade, I have had to enable the CC everytime i turn on my TV or every time i start a DVR show. Really hope Verizon is aware of the issue and working on a fix.

0 Likes